Monday 6 September 2010

Urban regeneration; what?

So, Bristol: Part two. Most of these need little explanation. Just photos of things I thought were interesting.

So this an owl. I think. I found it interesting because it's not graffiti in the conventional sense. Well it sort of is, but not entirely. It's a friendly looking owl though.

Here's another underpass shot. This tag has little relevance to anything, unlike the previous one. But it looks kind of neat.

So this a pub called The Golden Lion. The art work on the outside is so impressive. It covers the whole side wall of this pub. The shot below gives you a better idea, but this part is the most impressive bit.

How cool is that?

The above an below shots are of the same building. It gives the skyline a bit of an interesting touch...

You can see what I mean from this angle. The two eyes on the face are always following you...

...so is the state.

There is something about the above and below shots that I really like. I actually only saw it by chance; it's across from the platform at the train station.

I'm not sure which I like better. The first one is cool as you can immediately see the face. But the one right above, it takes a moment to notice the face, as it's just in the bottom corner (if you didn't notice). But it stands out well enough, particularly since it's a derelict building.

Image: Derelict building.

Strange image. No explanation available.

Uhm. I'm not sure whether this should be filed under urban decay or regeneration. I have never seen one of these before. It's quite a clever little idea. Certainly makes more sense taking a proactive approach to 'societal ills', than ignoring them. Pseudo-social theorist rant over.

No comments: