Sunday 30 January 2011

I Hate The Snow

It's cold, and wet, and icy; just lots of things I don't like.

It's actually snowed here in Shanghai a couple of times over the winter, and settled. Fortunately, where I live it's pretty quiet so when it settled it was largely undisturbed. Also, as it's right outside my front door, I don't have to spend too much time outside wishing I was inside.


You get the idea... Since it's a rather busy city, I figured the snow wouldn't have settled so much on the streets so I didn't bother to have a look.


I got quite a few pictures of these chairs. But I really like the fact that I was using a fairly quick shutter speed to get the snow falling a little more clearly.


Same goes for this one really.


This is literally outside my front door.


I was carrying about two different cameras. As I have vaguely mentioned in a previous post, I use an OM-2 as well as an OM-1. The main reason being so I can switch between taking colour photos and black and white. It means I can get a lot more photos, and try out different things with different lenses with out having to sit and think too much about it. What with the snow I figured black and white would be just as good as colour, because there aren't a whole lot of flowers and colourful things about this time of year, but luckily I was a little prepared.


There was only about 2 inches of snow, if that.


This is actually from when it snowed in December, I went out later in the day and it was obviously a lot darker. There was more snow that time around.

1 comment:

AWT said...

Have I told you yet that I really enjoy your blog? And I truly hate snow more than anything right about now. Miss you, love you. Hope all is well.