Sunday 25 July 2010

A little bit of colour

I prefer taking photos in black and white. I don't know why. I think I can picture the result much better with black and white. And yes, I know it's counter intuitive. I have deferred to black and white film more often than not when choosing from the rolls that I have before me.

Anyway. I live near some pretty interesting National Trust places. They have some nice gardens and what not. I know near enough nothing about plants and horticulture in general. But I have managed to take some decent shots of some colourful gardens.

The following few (six) are all from Oxburgh Hall. You can tell I was trying to be a bit of a poncy artiste in a couple of them.

I just like the orange in the one above. I have been using 400ASA film exclusively up until now. Not sure why, but apparently you get good contrasts. I think this is a good example of that.

Here is my attempt at using a high shutter speed. It was a fairly windy day, and you can kind of see the grass blowing. But I liked that solitary flower in the middle.

There were quite a few different parts of the gardens to take photos of. They mixed all the different colours really well. Good to take a photo of really.

When you walk in to Oxburgh Hall, past the ticket entrance, you get a really nice view of the building with a little garden patch out the front (sort of, it has a moat between the house and gardens). But here (above) you can see the house in the background (again, sort of).

Out of all of them, I tried the hardest on this. It didn't come out how I wanted it to. But it kind of has the right idea. You can see the different rows of colours which I liked.

Much the same as the yellow flower above, the wind was blowing harder in this one and pushed the flower further down when I took the picture. But I'm glad it didn't take it out of focus.

No comments: