Wednesday 28 July 2010

I take better photos in black and white

It's a strange thing to say. But I really do think photos look better in black and white. You can add a mood to them in pretty unexpected ways. I find myself saying I take better photos in black and white.

These are all from Sandringham House (the house itself is the last photo), where the Queen spends her Christmases. They are all plant life pictures that would make more sense being in colour. But I like the way they turned out.



This one below would probably work better in colour. But it's a cool looking flower. And as it's got a pure white look about it against the varying greys makes it stand out better than expected.


There is a lot of open space around Sandringham. This is just long grass but there are no people. And it's quite nice unspoiled.


There is this nice bank of trees that line up quite nicely. I have clearly stolen all my ideas here.


In contrast to the single flower that came out white, above, the near black look of these is quite a nice juxtaposition.


And this is what Sandringham looks like...

No comments: